The USB drive plugged into the dock shut down itself every few minutes.
Windows may automatically shuts down the power to USB devices where it has no activities for few minutes. This would cause all the USB storage devices connecting to the CalDigit Dock powered down themselves. Although it can save power, It may take longer time for the drive to spin up if you need to access it afterwards. To prevent Windows from “managing” power to the USB drive behind the dock, please follow steps below:
1. Launch Device Manager by typing device manager in the Start > Search panel.
2. Navigate to the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch, then double-click the USB Mass Storage device that you want to turn off Windows Power Management.
3. Choose the Power Management tab from the popup window.
4. Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
5. Repeat the step on each USB drive connecting to the Dock.