Whenever you want to switch from JBOD, Performance, or Concatenated mode to Protected mode (RAID1)- you need to wipe out all the data and partition two drives separately. First under JBOD, then rotate switch to PROTECTED MODE. For example, if you are in Performance mode and you intend to switch to Protected mode, you need to do the following:
- Unmount volume and turn off FireWireVR.
- Rotate switch to JBOD.
- Turn FireWireVR power on.
- Go to Disk Utility or Disk Management and partition these two drives individually. (This is to make sure you have identical drives and contents before switching to RAID1.)
- Unmount JBOD volumes then turn off FireWireVR.
- Rotate RAID switch to Protected, then turn FireWireVR on.
- Use Disk Utility or Disk Management to partition RAID drive.
Additional Information: Notes: Failure to follow this procedure may cause drive problems and/or data loss