The update highlights:
1. JBOD are now available on the CalDigit VR LCD configuration.
*The feature will only work under: Firewire800, USB, and Firewire400 connections.
2. ‘MBR clear’ on RAID change (Volume omit after RAID change) had been addressed. For example: customer can change a set of RAID 1 hard drives into two separate JBOD hard drives without clearing Master Boot Record (MBR) and keep original data on drives.
3. VR LCD menu is now available in Japanese.
4. “Clear RAID info.” is now available. Erase the RAID info on the CalDigit VR hard drive(s) – *This feature is only intended for certain user!! Please check the info on our knowledge base.
5. Mis-matching RAID level hard drives will be prompted to JBOD. For example: a RAID 1 and a JBOD hard drives will be prompt to two JBOD hard drives, which customer can view both hard drives separately without risking the data.
6. “Manufacture Diagnostic” is now available on the CalDigit VR LCD menu.
7. “Full Access” & “Read Only” are now available on the CalDigit VR LCD configuration. Under “Read Only”, customer is only allow to view the data.
*This feature is only available under the RAID 0 and SPAN modes.
6. Additional features are now available on the CalDigit VR LCD configuration.
The firmware update procedures are available here.