Symptoms: When you use MacDrive in windows, you may encounter this issue where you would get a blue screen or OS restart when trying to remove CalDigit VR from windows. This is caused by the MacDrive and Mac OS partition.
You can resolve this issue follow the steps:
- Connect your CalDigit VR back to Mac OS.
- Back up all your data to a temporary drive.
- Use CalDigit RAID Tool to update CalDigit VR firmware to the latest version.CalDigit VR RAID Tool and Firmware update
- Use VR’s LCD menu and clear RAID Info. Clear RAID Info
- Use VR’s LCD menu or RAID Tool to set up the RAID level that you want.
- Go to Disk Utility and partition the new RAID.
- Transfer your old data back to this new RAID.
Additional Information: For more information about MacDrive, please visit http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/