CalDigit Thunderbolt Station 3 [TS3] and TS3 Plus are capable of charging Mac and Windows laptop up to 85W. This is perfect for Apple’s Thunderbolt 3 MacBook Pros which require 60W or 87W. It can also charge USB-C based laptops such as Apple’s MacBook 2015, 2016 and 2017.
1. You MUST plug in your laptop to the port that is labeled as [Computer] in order to enable laptop charging up to 85W*. The other Thunderbolt 3 port can only support 15W. Your Windows laptop will not show “charging” if 15W port is connected to your laptop.
2. Your Mac or Windows laptop will only draw the power that it can take from the Dock.
3. The actual charging capability and wattage may vary from system to system. You may also contact your Windows laptop manufacturer for more information about the acceptance of 3rd party Type-C charger.
4. For Windows laptops, we strongly suggest updating to the latest BIOS, Intel Thunderbolt software, firmware and GPU drivers directly from your laptop support web page in order to use Thunderbolt and USB-C devices reliably. See the information below: Thunderbolt Station 3 in Windows 10 platform.
* Some Windows 15″ laptops users, such as HP Spectre 15″, may experience a power cycling issue with the Dock when using the [Computer] port, or the Dock would not be recognized by the laptop. In this case, please use the non-[Computer] port to connect to your computer.
** For the Windows 15″ and 17″ laptops, typically you need more than 130W or 180W power supply to charge the laptop, please use OEM charger to charge your computer.
*** Some Windows laptops do not support any laptop charging features from its Thunderbolt 3 port, for example, MSI GS73 Stealth 8RF, please contact the manufacturer for laptop charging capability through Thunderbolt port.