The RAID Tool is the dedicated program for the CalDigit VR and CalDigit VR Mini.
When the RAID Tool is launched, the program will scan all available connector ports for the VR(s). This includes: FW400, FW800, USB, eSATA extender kits, and eSATA adapter card. This process can take up to 2 minutes.
If the RAID Tool stays at the “Now Loading” screen after 5 minutes (fail to sync with the CalDigit VR), you should check the following items:
1. Restart: Please restart you computer and the CalDigit VR.
2. Connections: please make sure the cable is firmly connected.
For customer who’re using eSATA extender kits or eSATA adapter cards, please connect the VR with the firewire400, firewire800, or USB, and then re-launch the RAID Tool.
3. Other devices: If your machine currently have other FW400, FW800, USB, or eSATA devices connecting to your machine; please unplug these devices, and re-launch the RAID Tool.
4. Make sure you have the latest RAID Tool. Check our support page for details.
5. RAID Tool does not support the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7 64bit and Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit. There are two solutions: 1. Run the RAID Tool on a different operating system, such as: Microsoft Windows XP or Mac OSX 10.5 & above. 2. Use the VR LCD panel. The CalDigit VR/VRMini LCD panel provides the majority functions as the RAID Tool, which includes: RAID changes, MISC config, System Profile etc… (For details, please check: CalDigit VR/VRMini LCD functions overview)