The FASTA-6GU3 Pro is the next evolution of CalDigit's popular USB 3.0 and eSATA interface card. This PCIe card has been revamped with the latest USB 3.0 Protocol and SATA 6G chipsets to deliver increased performance. The FASTA-6GU3 Pro's USB 3.0 ports now support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), which dramatically improves the performance and efficiency of the USB 3.0 interface. When paired with a UASP compatible device, such as the CalDigit AV Pro SSD, the FASTA-6GU3 Pro can deliver dramatically increased performance compared to other USB 3.0 PCIe cards using the traditional, less efficient BOT Protocol (Bulk Only Transfer). UASP improves upon BOT by allowing multiple command queuing, and the execution of out of order commands. It also improves the efficiency of USB 3.0 by freeing up system resources for more important tasks. Featuring two USB 3.0 ports and two eSATA ports, the FASTA-6GU3 Pro gives users the flexibility of dual interfaces while saving a precious PCIe slot. The FASTA-6GU3 Pro also has two internal SATA ports that allow users to connect up to two additional hard drives inside their workstation.
The FASTA-6GU3 Pro only takes up one of your workstation's PCIe slots by combining two interfaces into one card, saving you space for other PCIe cards.
● 2 x 6 Gbps eSATA ports
● 2 x 6 Gbps SATA ports (internal)
● 2 Lane PCI Express 2.0 interface
● Compatible with all eSATA devices
● Backwards compatible with older eSATA devices
● Data transfer speeds up to 600 MB/sec
● Supports AHCI 1.0 programming interface
● Supports Mac OS X and Windows RAID features
● Supports Hot Plugging under Microsoft Windows 7
● Supports Bootable function
● Supports Port Multiplier(PM). Only one eSATA port
● can support port multiplier at a time. Port multiplier
● capabilities will be assigned to the first device that
● is detected if two are connected.
● Supports Hot Plugging under Mac OS X
● with RAID 0/1/10 devices
● 2 x 5 Gbps USB 3.0 ports
● Compliant with Extensible Host Controller Interface (xHCI)
● Specification Revision 1.0
● 2 downstream USB ports support SS/HS/FS/LS data rates
● (5 Gbps/480 Mbps/12 Mbps/1.5 Mbps)
● 1 Lane PCI Express 2.0 interface
● Support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol)
● under Microsoft Windows 8 & Mac 10.8.4 and above.
Yes. The USB 3.0 are compatible with previous versions of USB.
Yes. The FASTA-6GU3 Pro's USB 3.0 ports feature UASP which allows the storage product to get the maximum performance. The UASP is only supported by Mac OSX 10.8.4 (or above) and Windows 8.
In Mac OS X, you may experience disk ejections when waking from sleep. It is a known issue for add on PCIe cards used with Mac OS X. This issue is not present with Windows 7 or 8 operating systems. It is suggested that you manually eject USB 3.0 devices prior to putting your Mac to sleep.
USB 3.0 hubs are compatible with the FASTA-6GU3 Pro when used in Macs with OS X 10.8.4 or later and Windows 7 or later. You are suggested to use the hub that is USB 3.0 compliance and also the latest stable firmware to the USB 3.0 hub. Please contact the hub manufacturer for more information about firmware update and compliance.
1. Reset your PRAM/NVRAM at least three times. Instructions on how to reset your PRAM/NVRAM can be found from the link below.
2. Download the CalDigit Software Uninstaller v 1.2 from the link below and run the program to uninstall the driver.
3. Download and install the latest Apple Combo Update (10.10.3 Combo Update)
4. If the previous steps do not fix the issue, try removing the FASTA-6GU3 Pro and moving it to another PCIe slot.
If you are using a Windows PC, you can connect an internal SATA cable from your internal HDD or SSD to the FASTA-6GU3 Pro's internal SATA ports. You will need to connect a SATA power cable to the internal drive from your power supply. If you are using a Mac Pro, you may not be able to use the FASTA-6GU3 Pro's internal SATA ports unless you have a method of providing power to the internal SATA drive you wish to connect.
Yes. The FASTA-6GU3's eSATA ports are compatible with previous versions of eSATA such as 3G eSATA.
Yes, the eSATA ports are hot-pluggable if you are using Mac 10.7 and above or Windows 7/8.
Yes. The card is compatible on both Mac (SATA: OSX 10.7 and above. USB 3.0: OSX 10.8.4 and above) and Windows (Windows 7 and above) platforms.
The new FASTA-6GU3 Pro improves on the already outstanding performance of the original FASTA-6GU3. It now features USB 3.0 with UASP. This means that you will get the best possible performance from your USB 3.0 storage devices. The eSATA ports now feature 6G eSATA, and the product also includes internal SATA ports for connecting extra storage.
Yes. However, we recommend contacting the Thunderbolt PCIe manufacturer for specific compatibility.
All 4x SATA ports provide bootable function, the USB 3.0 ports on the other hand are not bootable. You can connect an external eSATA storage device or internal SATA drive as a bootable drive.
If you are using Windows 8 no drivers are required. The card is plug & play.
If you are using Windows 7 please download the drivers from http://www.caldigit.com/support.asp.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.8.4 or higher no drivers are required. The card is plug & play.
|Interface||PCI Express 2.0|
|Port||2 eSATA 6Gbps+2 SATA 6Gbps(backwards compatible with SATAI & II)
2 USB3.0 5Gbps(backwards compatible with USB2.0 & 1.1)
|Max Data Transfer Rate||6.0 Gigabits per Second
|Min System Requirements||Mac Pro (eSATA: OSX 10.7 or above. USB3.0: OSX 10.8.4 and above) or Windows PC (Windows 7 or above) with PCI Express x4 (lane) or higher|
|Dimensions||Form factor specifications (L)140.0mm(5.51in) x (H)106.6mm(4.20in)|
|Environment||Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 85°C
Operating Humidity: 5% RH ~ 95% RH, non-condensing
Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
Storage Humidity: 5% RH ~ 95% RH, non-condensing
|In the Box||1 x CalDigit FASTA-6GU3 Pro Card|